Waters Edge Winery & Bistro Norfolk is looking for dynamic individuals who love to work with people, who have a great work ethic and love learning new skills! You don’t even need to have experience! If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re currently looking for great people to work in Winery. Apply today!
All Employees of Waters Edge Winery & Bistro Norfolk can expect to enjoy a fun & dynamic work environment! We are a family-owned business and know that the success of our business relies on the team we employ. We believe in empowering and advancing those who demonstrate passion, a great attitude and love of learning. At Waters Edge Winery Norfolk there are many opportunities to learn new skills and advance within the organization and the world of wine! In addition to a great work environment, employees will receive competitive compensation packages, sales incentives & discounts on products.
By submitting your Resume, you are confirming that you are legally allowed to work in the United States of America. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please include the following information on your Resume:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Previous employment beginning with most current employer. Please include:
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Position you held
- Main duties performed
- Length of employment
- Please list any relevant education/training/certificates that pertain to the position being applied for.
- Please list any special skills or proficiencies you have that would set you apart from other applicants.
- Please list 3 employment/professional references we may call (we will only call references if you are selected for an interview)
Waters Edge Winery & Bistro Norfolk is looking for Bistro Cooks for the newest winery in the Hampton Roads. Waters Edge Winery offers guests a simple, yet tasty menu filled with items designed to compliment the wine and provide the most enjoyable experience possible. Bonus points for basic food preparation knowledge and ServSafe Certification.
Bistro Cooks are required to do the following:
- Have a great attitude and work ethic
- Conduct self in a professional and friendly manner at all times
- Prepare food items for the day as required
- Assemble guest food orders
- Wash dishes and always keep bistro area sparkling clean
- Keep up to date on industry trends as related to assigned duties – all materials and training will be provided
- Attend food and beverage training as required
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as required
- Assist in inventory as required
- Other tasks as assigned
Wine Servers are the first point of contact and must guide the Guest through a positive, informative and enjoyable experience in the Winery. Working in a winery is different than a restaurant. While serving the Guest is the primary function, there are many other tasks required in the background to ensure an optimal guest experience. Wine Servers must be willing to participate and learn about every type of task in the Winery. Cross training and being able to undertake any role in the winery is critical to a high performing team. Being a team player and willing to step in where needed is of the utmost importance. Every team member is equally important, and all team members are equally responsible to ensure the winery runs at optimal levels.
Wine Servers will receive an hourly wage plus tips and wine club incentives.
Primary Accountabilities are comprised of but not limited to the following:
- Ensure guests receive the best experience they can have in the winery as outlined in the operational procedures and as directed by the Manager.
- Become knowledgeable of all products and processes – full training provided
- Perform daily cleaning duties
- Conduct self in a professional and friendly manner to all guests
- Report any problems with guests or products to the Manager upon notice
- Enroll Guests in the wine club – financial incentives
- Offer suggestions on different wines to try and food to pair it with
- Pour and serve wine & food
- Bus tables
- Handle cash and credit cards
- Obtain safe alcohol service certificate – Provided by the Winery
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Stock wine shelves as needed
- Polish wine glasses and cutlery as required
- Guide Guests through bottling parties
- Taste the wine from time to time to understand flavor profiles and detect any faults
Cross Training Components
- Wine Servers will be required to learn how to prepare each item on the bistro menu
- Wine Servers may be required to work an occasional shift in the back of house as part of the cross-training process and/or to cover when needed.
- Wine Servers will be required to assist in the wine making process as needed. This could include but is not limited to receiving and putting away product, assisting the wine maker in the various steps of wine making (fermenting, racking, filtering, bottling, labeling etc.).
Other duties as requested
It is the Hosts job responsibility to provide Hospitality to all guests entering and leaving the building
- Greet guests as they enter with a warm smile and a Welcome to Waters Edge Winery.
- Assisting and directing guests to the different areas in the winery to oversee guest flow
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions
- Seating guests at clean tables assigned to a server on a rotation basis
- Putting guests on a wait as necessary and setting guests as tables open up
- Engaging with guests to ensure they are happy with the food and service
- Assist guests in the marketplace
- Answering the phone after 2 rings and assisting guest over the phone
- Taking reservations and messages for management
- Accurately ringing in to-go orders by repeating order back to the guest
- Accurately ringing in any merchandise sales from the Market Place
- Constant communication with the FOH team to know when tables can be seated
- Communicate guest wait times to management
- Help buss tables or assist servers as needed
- Knowledge of the menu and merchandise items for sale
- Correctly closing out guest checks in a timely fashion
- Have the ability to multitask and be aware of multiple tables progression throughout the dining experience
- Should expect a shift between 4 to 6 hours
- Perform opening, closing, and running side work when needed
- Ability to lift boxes occasionally up to 25 pounds
- Report to work on time and in uniform
- Perform other related duties as assigned
It is the Dishwashers responsibility to provide clean and sanitized utensils for service, while providing hospitality to all co-workers
- Report to work on time as scheduled
- Set up, maintain, and clean the dish machine
- Correctly set up the three-compartment sink
- Accurately wash and put away clean items in designated areas
- Clean restrooms and dining room
- Carry out trash during trash runs as needed
- Assist with any deliveries during the shift
- Clean, sweep and maintain parking lot cleanliness
- Assist with prep during slow periods
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning of equipment and areas
- Ability to multitask and an eye for detail to ensure clean items
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Be productive during peak volume periods to ensure restocking of clean items needed for service
- Be a team player and assist where needed
- Perform additional duties as needed or assigned