Sales & Marketing Assistant Manager
Back to Resume Form
The Sales & Marketing Assistant Manager is responsible for the management and operational success of the Front of the House (FOH) at Waters Edge Winery. Success is defined by:
- A vibrant wine club community where membership is growing and most existing members continue to renew.
- Having a retail area that is well-stocked with wine, unique merchandise and food which continually attracts guests to make purchases while on the property
- Executing memorable catered and special events that exceed guest expectations, creates new brand ambassadors and results in new business.
- Positive representation online, at the website and in the community through clear, engaging marketing that drives increases in sales
- Guests that are consistently satisfied with the quality of their experience
Reports to: Winery Owners and General Manager
Positions Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Assistant Manager: Retail Cashier, all FOH service staff
Peers with: Executive Chef, Dining Room Assistant Manager
Work Schedule: Full-Time Position
Essential Job Functions:
- Functions as coordinator for all wine club wine sales by projecting and monitoring sales, managing, and increasing membership, communicating with members to receive feedback, creating specials and programs to increase sales.
- Works with retail staff to coordinate packaging and shipping for wine club and online merchandise orders
- Works to meet predetermined sales goals, including event revenue targets and wine club membership counts.
Retail and Merchandise
- Ensures merchandise is consistently stocked, priced properly and is visually appealing.
- Works with vendors to create WEW merchandise.
- Assumes responsibility for the market operation and efficiency
- Takes inventory monthly and orders supplies as needed.
- Works with retail staff to pack and ship online orders
- Initiates communication with client and schedules planning meetings for catered events
- Works with the executive chef to articulate event plans, get the necessary supplies and staff scheduled to execute them.
- Work with the executive chef and dining room manager to execute events.
- Create, plan and articulate a series of regular special events for the purpose of expanding client base and increasing sales.
- Works with Winery Owner to create and implement marketing plan and strategies, ensuring that the website and all products are current and support the winery's image
- Answers e-mail, website and social media inquiries within 24 hours
- Regularly participates in community events that align with brand image and sales goals
- Serves as dining room assistant manager as needed by schedule and business volume.
Any other duties assigned by owners or the General Manager.
A person that will be successful in this job has the ability to:
- Be an ambassador for our brand, gaining satisfaction from wine service, knowledge, team building and making our guests feel like Waters Edge Winery is their home away from home.
- Communicate through a variety of mediums in a way that is engaging and increases sales.
- Positively interact with diverse personalities, including co-workers, subordinates, guests, and purveyors in a variety of work situations. Must have active listening and effective communication skills.
- Develop results-oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling. Ability to assist others in developing needed skills for effective job performance.
- Be passionate about food and its role in the organization to enhance the wine drinking experience.
- Positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results.
- Recognize problems and to find solutions creatively and expeditiously.
- Set priorities and use initiative; solid decision-maker.
- Be detail-oriented, multi-task and effectively prioritize in a continuously changing environment.
- Be self-directed while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Work a flexible schedule; able and willing to work nights, weekends, and long hours as business volume demands.
- Be a leader in a sales environment that is always looking to grow our wine club family.
- Respond to management’s direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, Culinary Arts, or related field preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- At least 2 years of hospitality management experience required, verified by references.
- Effective communication skills and adaptable communication style for interacting with team members, upper management and clients
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, advertising, and brand management preferred
- Social media marketing experience is a must
- Email marketing experienced is a must
- ServSafe Manager Certified preferred - will train as needed
- Requires visual acuity and ability to hear to clearly communicate with managers, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- Must be able to sit, stand. and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Must have finger to hand dexterity to be able to grip, grasp items or equipment